Can I buy a retirement property with my KiwiSaver funds? Once you qualify for New Zealand Superannuation (currently at the age of 65), you also become eligible to withdraw fu...
Read more

Do I need landlord insurance? What does it cover?

Landlord Insurance protects property investors from a range of events that might impact on their property value, or cause disruptions in rental income. This type of insurance typically covers items such as the property itself (for fire, flood, theft), along with unexpected repairs, damage done to the property by accident or by your tenants, and loss of rent if your tenants stop paying or you are forced to evict them.  Many policies also cover accidental damage caused to others on your property.

Landlord Insurance is advised for all investors, to minimise your financial risks.
Back to questions