Running out of space

What is a Tenancy Bond? When you move into a rental property, most landlords will ask for an amount equivalent to a few weeks of rent (usuall...
Read more

Is there any legislation regarding the use of chemicals on lifestyle blocks?

The use of chemicals on any farm in New Zealand is governed by the Agricultural Compounds and Veterinary Medicines Act, which is administered by the Ministry for Primary Industries. This Act covers the importing, manufacturing, selling and use of all agrichemicals. It also list chemicals and substances that are prohibited by law.
If you intend to use chemicals on your lifestyle block, you must familiarise yourself with your obligations as early as possible.  The consequences of misuse could be highly damaging for the local environment, and for neighbouring farms.  Severe fines and penalties may also be issued to you, causing financial stress.
The Ministry for Primary Industries website contains a wealth of useful information.
Back to questions