Running out of space

Can I buy a retirement property with my KiwiSaver funds? Once you qualify for New Zealand Superannuation (currently at the age of 65), you also become eligible to withdraw fu...
Read more

What type of insurance do I need for a Lifestyle Block?

Lifestyle blocks are very common in New Zealand, and most major insurance companies offer lifestyle block insurance policies tailored to your needs. These policies typically cover home and contents, accidents (including liability), farm buildings, farm equipment, vehicles, livestock and other animals.

Depending on the level of income you receive from your lifestyle block, you may want to consider additional insurance. Insurance policies will typically cover loss of income from adverse events (droughts, severe frost, animal sickness or even rustling). Your insurance broker can advise on the right insurance policy types and the appropriate level of insurance cover you need (if any is required).
Back to questions